Re: Word Perfect and graphics

Subject: Re: Word Perfect and graphics
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:35:23 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hey Kenn...

> I've been told that scanned images placed in WordPerfect print at 72 dpi,
> regardless of the resolution of the original scan or of the output device.
(I'm
> attempting to print my client's word perfect file to an imagesetter.)

HUH? Welp, is it WP for DOS or WP for Windows? If it's fer Windows, then
the windoze drivers will handle that. Check the res of the actual image.
If it scanned at 72dpi (I highly doubt it) then it won't print any better.
If it DOS then you hafta use the dos drivers, of which I am not familiar
with doing. I print from stuff like a HP560c to a Kodak Fiery to a
Linotronics. Same file. Never had any problems. Having spewed all this out
tho', I don't use WP either. Still seems off though. If it's in Windows no
worries. You go into printer setup, choose your targeted printer and set
it's options. when I do a lino job to file, the res is 1200dpi for the high
quality stuff. Be careful if going to file. They can be humungous suckers.

You heard of this Matt?

Stui
--
Goin' down in flames...