Re: Does Frame crash?

Subject: Re: Does Frame crash?
From: Donna Tellam <dtellam -at- EVOLVING -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 08:08:05 -0600

I have used Frame on UNIX, Mac, and the PC. Yes, it crashes on the Mac
and PC (I've never had it crash on UNIX)... but not nearly as often as Word.

Word works fine, providing your document is under 50 pages and contains
no graphics (OK, I'm exaggerating a bit...but...).

I have been getting "General Protection Faults" on the average of four to
five times a day (with the PC version). This is very annoying, but
everytime I come back to my document it has been fully intact. This,
however, is a MAJOR improvement over using Word!!! I also have a feeling
this could have something to do with the way our network
is configured. I am going to load Frame on my local hard drive to see if
this helps.

On the Mac platform, Frame would crash on me at least three times a
day...but, once again, who's to say it wasn't a problem with the system
on which I was working. Our system administrators tried to fix the
problem on several occasions, and Frame tech support could not pinpoint
the problem either.

Some other minor problems with Frame (on the PC) are its lack of OLE
capability and its inability to smoothly convert to other formats. I am
told that these issues will be addressed with 5.0.

No, Frame is not perfect, but it is definitely my documentation tool of
choice!