Re: Does Frame crash?

Subject: Re: Does Frame crash?
From: Debbie Lemasters <Debbie -dot- Lemasters -at- MARCAM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 1995 12:58:12 -0400

It's my experience that if I don't use Word, then Frame
doesn't crash. I certainly can't have them both open at
the same time.

When I get Frame's General Protection error, it's because
Word has left ~*.tmp files behind. You can close Windows
and let Windows do its housecleaning. Or, check to see
if you have any files with a file type of "TMP" on your
hard drive:

c:>dir *.tmp /s /p

Delete them (if neither Word nor Frame is running).

I find that Word crashes often and leaves these ~*.tmp files
behind. It may be that Frame is not crashing for you but that
it is bumping into these Word leftovers.

Debbie Lemasters
debbie -dot- lemaster -at- marcam -dot- com

P.S. It's a good idea to purge your system periodically of
all ~*.tmp files. You might also want to run CHKDSK from time
to time if you've been crashing.