Re: Does Frame crash?

Subject: Re: Does Frame crash?
From: Stuart Sipahigil <SSipahigil -at- EWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 1995 19:09:29 -0700

Debbie LeMasters wrote:

>>It's my experience that if I don't use Word, then Frame
doesn't crash. I certainly can't have them both open at
the same time.<<

<snip>

>>I find that Word crashes often and leaves these ~*.tmp files
behind. It may be that Frame is not crashing for you but that
it is bumping into these Word leftovers.<<

Interestingly enough, I have had a similar problem on my PowerMac 7100 with
Word and Quark Xpress. When I try to import text from Word into Quark---while
Word is running---Quark crashes!

I have to save my Word 6.0 files as Word 5.1 files to import them into Quark
(ver. 3.31), and if I have left Word running, it leaves a "Work File D" (or
other letter)---in other words, a temp file.

Perhaps Quark is "bumping into" these Word temp files, too. (?)

---just my $.02

Stuart Sipahigil
Technical Publications Coordinator
Modernfold, Inc.