Gender and pronoun mutation

Subject: Gender and pronoun mutation
From: Shelley Strong <sstrong -at- TECHREPS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 10:44:37 -0600

Jenna and others have made good points. Especially significant is the
suggestion or conclusion that "they" could become the gender-neutral pronoun
of choice in the future. It may take more years than I will continue on
this earth, but maybe not. Because there certainly is a need for either a
new pronoun or for altered and accepted usage of an existing word, it will
happen.

Also, my humble apologies and thanks to those who pointed out my
slip-of-the- keyboard in transposing male and female chromosomes. Talk
about an "Oops!"

Shelley R. Strong, We are all apprentices in a craft where no one
Technical Editor ever becomes a master. - Ernest Hemingway
sstrong -at- techreps -dot- com
(505) 266-5678 ext. 264