The "someone" Borland in Kelly Burhenne's list of Word 6 books

Subject: The "someone" Borland in Kelly Burhenne's list of Word 6 books
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 1995 21:45:22 -0400

That would be Russell Borland at Microsoft. I met him two years ago at
SIGDOC '93 -- an interesting character. Long hair, heavy smoker,
world-weary, little patience for relative sprouts like me. Not to run the
guy down at all -- if you put all the volumes in the Microsoft Press line
side by each I think you'd find his name on an AWFUL lot of them.

At that time Borland (the company) was more of a force to be reckoned with
respect to software development tools -- in previous years MIcrosoft and
Borland had had multiple pairs of competing products (QuickBasic vs.
Turbo Basic, Quick C vs. Turbo C, etc., etc.) and I always thought it was
pretty neat that someone named Borland was working for Microsoft.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org