Re: REFERENCING WORLD WIDE WEB

Subject: Re: REFERENCING WORLD WIDE WEB
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 12:21:56 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> Has anybody had to cite a world wide web page as a reference in a
publication
> yet? If so, how did you handle it? An author here wants to cite a Web
page
> as
> a reference, and we are unsure whether to treat the formal name of it
> (Metraplex
> WWW DFD Home Page) as the title or the "address" (http://www.metraplex.
com) as
> the title and the formal name like where the company would go.
This is how I would do it... actually have done too, only not with the
metraplex name.. :)

To visit the "Homepage" of <Metraplex> on the World Wide Web <if you wnat to
make it flowery>, using your Internet WebBrowser, open the folllowing URL:
http://www.metraplex.com./<optional>
These addresses ARE case sensitive. <optional>... the default is to open a
file called index.hmtl (must have the l to work) otherwise, you have to
also specify the name of the file you wnat them to see first ie., http://www
.your.homepage/firstread.htm

Stui
--