East-facing monitor: thanks for the help

Subject: East-facing monitor: thanks for the help
From: The Amplified Quill <dkp -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 16:45:41 GMT

Thanks to all of you who responded to the statement in my
NEC monitor's manual about pointing the monitor east if
all else fails when trying to correct a problem.
At first I thought the line was a blithe statement
stuck into the text by a smog-bedeviled tech writer stranded
in an office with a broken air conditioner, somewhere in a
primarily agricultural valley.
However, I learned from many of you that in fact good physical
reasons support the east-facing statement. When I studied physics,
we covered only 3 elements: earth, air, fire, and water. It is good
of you all to bring me up to date.
Regards, Don Pierstorff