Re: What's on topic?...not this!

Subject: Re: What's on topic?...not this!
From: Jeffrey Pittman <Jpittman49 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 02:38:37 -0400

In a message dated 95-08-17 20:55:45 EDT, callie -at- WRITEPAGE -dot- COM (Callie)
writes:

>Let's face it: THERE IS NOTHING UNIQUE TO OUR JOBS.

Sure there is. We are the only people who are expected to know
everything about everything. This includes computer hardware. If you don't
believe me, just ask my former co-workers at Clark College. These fine folks
even pushed me into heading a quiz show team on a television show. But, they
were wrong. We only took 2nd place in the final competition (did you ever
have to answer trivia questions on-camera for four hours so the television
audience could think you showed up for four straight weeks of dang
foolishness?). Maybe this is why I turned to freelancing. Now my only
co-worker is my wife, and she knows that there are LOTS of things I don't
know.
Good luck,
J.P.
p.s. We would have won if the fool anouncer had not pronounced Lyon, Fr., as
"lion". I mean, what would you have answered to the question, "Who was the
butcher of lions?"
As far as I know, K. B. never even got close to a lion.