Online Authoring Tools for UNIX

Subject: Online Authoring Tools for UNIX
From: Richard Dimock <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 10:41:12 PDT

Mark,

We use Suns and UNIX. We used Ileaf 4 because it did a DANDY job of
making a Master Index out of the individual indexes of 40 manuals.

Frame is now our tool. Mixed blessing. The Master Index is no longer
possible. At least those who say it CAN be done have yet to put up the
proof.

I don't know about the hyperlinks from graphics on either Ileaf or
Frame. Text is fine.

Overall, the Ileaf is much more of a DTP for a Pubs Dept than Frame
is. My considered opinion.

Dick Dimock, Artfully Senior Tech Writer at

AT&T GIS in confusion in

El Segundo, CA Overlooking white sails sliding
across the blue Pacific.