Wierd quoting. Was Re: What's on topic

Subject: Wierd quoting. Was Re: What's on topic
From: "Race, Paul D" <racepa -at- WHQPOS4B -dot- DAYTONOH -dot- ATTGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 07:48:04 -0600

Stuart Burnfield said:

> Paul Race wrote:
> (snip)
> Unfortunately, the @-sign discussion has nowhere else to go. So we get
> it by default. In an odd, sad sort of way, I can't think of anything that
> defines the _flavour_ of this profession more than the @ sign discussion.
> Not only do I have difficulty thinking of another list where the
discussion
> would be more appropriate, I have difficulty imagining another list where
> the discussion would even take place.

No I didn't. Somebody is either getting very creative or very careless with
the attributes. Several times in the past week I've seen my name attached
to things I had nothing to do with, often to opinions that other people
offered in direct opposition to mine.

Please look at the messages you're quoting - if they contain quoted
material, be careful that you attribute the right bits to the right people.

So, is accuracy and attentiveness to detail a permissable topic on this
list? :-)