Re: Would you be angry?

Subject: Re: Would you be angry?
From: kls <kls -at- HILL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 10:10:41 EST

Richard wrote: "In our weekly developers mtg, it was announced by the
company VP that effective next month, all developers will receive a
standard raise of x amount across the board in order for our company to
remain competitive. Sorry Richard, he said, this does not include you.

In an attempt to save face, I later showed this VP the recent STC salary
survey. He basically ignored it."

I have had a similar experience although I have not heard about the
outcome of my memo with the STC salary attached. I find that I am at
least 30% under the lowest percentiles for the groupings that I fall
into. Are other people having this same experience? I am curious if this
is the trend in particular areas of business. If others are curious
also, I would be happy to receive responses and send out a summary to
the list.

Please respond to me personally.

Kara Sawyer, Tech Editor
kls -at- hill -dot- com