Re: Importing Word 6.0 file ...

Subject: Re: Importing Word 6.0 file ...
From: "Dan S. Azlin" <dazlin -at- SHORE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 23:57:14 -0400

Output the file from Word 6.o in RTF format. It should import into Frame
with no problems as RTF is a "universal" format. This has worked for me.

On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Joe
Fockler wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to import a Word 6.0 file into FrameMaker 4? I
> have Frame 4 for UNIX and Frame 4.02 (windoze) versions. The UNIX version
> does not include the filter pack and the Windows version Word 2.0 filter
> did not work -- even after saving the Word 6.0 file as a Word 2.0 file.

> I obtained the Word 6 (Windows) filter from Frame's ftp site, but I'm not
> sure if I can get it to work with Frame 4.02. Does anyone know how to
> make this work?

> Is there a list out there that I can seek advice from?

> AdvThanksance ("Thanks" in Advance).

> Joe

> Joe Fockler "Success is when those who know you best
> Interphase Corporation love you the most."
> Dallas, Texas 75234
> -- unknown
> jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com
> "Great works are performed not by strength
> but by perseverance."

> -- Samuel Johnson

> "Success is going from failure to failure
> without loss of enthusiasm."

> -- Winston Churchill

Dan Azlin ** WORD ENGINEERS, Technical Writing & Publishing **
Ph/Fax: 508-921-8908 18 School Street
Internet: dazlin -at- shore -dot- net Beverly, MA 01915-4851