Re: subscribe to list

Subject: Re: subscribe to list
From: Liz Bohn <Lbohn -at- UCSD -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 11:58:45 -0700

To Suzanne and others interested in Windows 95:

PC Week, August 21, 1995, has an entire section (ie a 60 page little
magazine) devoted to a discussion on Windows 95. Its lead article is
titled "Proceed with Caution: Wait for the first batch of bug fixes before
broadly deploying Windows 95"

In a nutshell, the article says that Windows 95 is easier to "administer"
than Windows for Workgroups, but Windows 95 is "unreliable" and very buggy;
Windows NT is said to have "tighter security" but is a huge memory hog. PC
Week recommends waiting until bugs are fixed and applications are upgraded
to be compatible with Windows 95. The other option (their suggestion, not
mine!) is to go to Apple System 7.5.1 on a Power Mac!

The lead article compares: Windows 96; System 7.5.1 (Macintosh); OS/2 Warp
Connect; Windows NT Workstation; Windows for Workgroups.

A "must read" before engaging in expensive and potentially frustrating upgrades.

Liz