Re: Former Spammer Customer (fwd)

Subject: Re: Former Spammer Customer (fwd)
From: "<Pam Owen>" <powen -at- MAIL2 -dot- LMI -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 14:08:54 EST

I'm always interested in linguistics, and I try to keep up on Net
jargon, just so I can understand the cryptic messages that often
appear on the Net. I've missed the term "spamming" somehow - what is
it? Is this a back formation, from the noun "Spam," that disgusting
lunch meat we boomers have generally left behind us, with our teddy
bears and school lunches? Inquiring minds want to know . . . well, at l
east I want to know.