Re: marquee - jargon or tech term???

Subject: Re: marquee - jargon or tech term???
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- FIRSTGRAPHICS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 06:34:15 -0800

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

> I've used "selection box", because I've found that marquee was somthing
people
> expected to see outside a cinema. :-)

Well, if you're used to graphics app's, a marquee describes the selected
area for masking, in which case, it isn't "jargon" but a tech term, as all
the Win graphics aps that i use and have used, use the term. It is also
known throughout the graphics (at least the computerized end of things)
industry.

Stui
--
stuartr -at- firstgraphics -dot- com