SGML, indexing courses

Subject: SGML, indexing courses
From: Marsha Wolicki <cmawta -at- TAUX01 -dot- NSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 10:34:00 IST

I am interested in high quality, thorough courses on SGML or indexing.

My company is prepared to send me to a good course on either of these
topics. Preferably, the course will last about a week.

I am not interested in courses where the company brings someone to the
company.

1. Has anyone been to Lexicon Systems' 5-day SGML training? (3 days on
concepts and 2 days on building SGML applications)

If yes, do you recommend it? Why?

2. I found an ad in an old STC INTERCOM for an SGML course by Isogen
Corp. Does anyone know anything about it?

3. Does anyone know anything about a course in "Indexing Technical
Documents" by Solutions?

4. Does anyone know anything about SGML courses given by Graphics
Communication Association, 100 Dangerfield Road, Alexandria, Va?
I am also interested in their courses on HTML and the Internet, and
introduction to Pinnacles.

5. I am also interested in the tools and procedures I should use to
convert my FrameMaker documents to HTML and SGML.

Thank you in advance for your personal opinions and time.

Marsha, National Semiconductor
cmawta -at- taux01 -dot- nsc -dot- com