Re: Salary Survey (not STC)

Subject: Re: Salary Survey (not STC)
From: "<Pam Owen>" <powen -at- MAIL2 -dot- LMI -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 19:15:07 EST

I found the interesting thing about the salary survey that Denise
suggested checking out, which is on the World-Wide Web, shows that
editors make a higher salary than writers. In the freelance world (at
least in Washington, DC,), I've found the opposite to be true. Does
anyone else freelance and, if so, what has been your experience. I've
structured my company's freelance rates mostly on the basis of what
the large communications contracting agencies and clients typically
pay. I've never heard of an editor getting more than a writer. Is this
true only in the computer industry? Even my clients in that industry
(and I've had some very large, well-known ones) haven't followed that
pattern.

Pam Owen
Nighthawk Communications
Reston, VA
Nighthawk1 -at- aol -dot- com, or powen -at- lmi -dot- org