Should I adopt an old Apple?

Subject: Should I adopt an old Apple?
From: Nora Merhar <MERHAR -at- ALENA -dot- BITNET>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 15:26:02 CDT

Greetings!

My parents have an old (about 5 years) Apple PC at their house, which my father
says I can have. What I'm wondering is--what do any of you think about Apples?

I have computers galore surrounding me at work (I use Interleaf on a Unix
workstation, but I also have a Pentium PC with Windows, Corel, multimedia etc.
available to me, as well as a PC with OS/2) so I always figured that I didn't
need one at home unless I decided to freelance (since I sit in front of a CRT
all day at work, why do it all night at home?). But the Apple would be free,
and I figured I could do some word processing on it, maybe play some games,
etc.I just wanted to know if they were so hopelessly out-of-date that I
wouldn't
be able to use it for anything except a clothes rack.

Thanks for you input!

Nora
merhar -at- edsvcs -dot- switch -dot- rockwell -dot- com

p.s. This is NOT a Mac--I don't want to start a Mac vs. PC war again. This is
just an old Apple, and I just wanted to know if it would be useful to me at all.