Re: Should I adopt an old Apple?

Subject: Re: Should I adopt an old Apple?
From: Nathan Harms <Nathan_Harms -at- ENABEL -dot- CCINET -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 08:09:18 -0000

>My parents have an old (about 5 years) Apple PC at their house, which my
father
>says I can have. What I'm wondering is--what do any of you think about
Apples?

i have been a user of Apple computers for more than 10 years. Judging from
my knowledge of
Apple and Macintosh computers, i would say that your folks' Apple computer is
not worth
anything to you... not for work at least. Depending on the exact model ( you
didn't say if it was a
Plus, a Classic, and SE, an Apple 2E, an FX or....?), it could be much like
going back to work on
an XT or some other such ancient IBM/compatible machine.

Apple makes an *excellent* computer, which can compete head-to-head with the
latest PCs, but
Apples changes just like IBM/compatibles, and in order to satisfy you after
your "Pentium
experience" you will need an Apple with at least a 68030 or 68040 processor,
or a PowerPC
(the lastest Apple processor used by Apple).

Just for your info, i use a Mac Quadra 610, with a 68040 processor, and my
tech-writer friend
who uses a Pentium says my system does things much more quickly than his.

nathan

nathan_harms -at- enabel -dot- ccinet -dot- ab -dot- ca

Via ENABEL - Communications & Information Network