guidelines for styles in software manuals

Subject: guidelines for styles in software manuals
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 09:10:13 -0500

A coworker here is tasked with developing a style guide, and
one section that causes some difficulty is text formatting for
documenting software manuals.

I know we've discussed this before, so if you kept a copy of
the summary or a really good posting, could you forward it
to me?

I'm looking for stuff like text formats for entry text, file names,
and that sort of thing.

Thanks.

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
COREStaff Communication Svcs. Society for Technical Communication
http://stc.org/region5/okc/conferences/region5conf.html

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.