Re: Cheap wrist-rest

Subject: Re: Cheap wrist-rest
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 12:56:51 -0400

Regarding Jame's (Sayre's?) suggestion, I'd add one thing: wrap the
"bubble pad" in flannel or something else that keeps the plastic away from
your skin and absorbs moisture. People at work always used to ask me about
the sweatshirt under and around my keyboard. It was to keep my forearms
from contacting the desk surface -- I used to get nasty rashes.

I say flannel (without actually having TRIED this, mind you :-) because I
suspect it's also FEEL very nice to have your wrists sliding back and
forth on flannel.

I've also seen an interesting variation on the wrist-rest theme advertised
in the September issue of WIRED -- it has rows of roller-bead-type things.
Quite similar to the wooden-bead seat, uh, whatchamacallits you can get
for driving and which are quite popular with taxi drivers. Now, I have no
idea whether they'd be *comfortable*...

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org
Yes, I'll get around to constructing a proper signature file...later.