Re: WYSIWYG vs. tags

Subject: Re: WYSIWYG vs. tags
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 21:08:23 -0600

On Mon, 18 Sep 1995, Delaney, Misti wrote:

> I worked with WordPerfect for one (very unhappy) year between 1993 and 1994.

My experience with WP was similar -- for the year of 1994. The one thing
I really liked better in WP was the table function. It is super.

> Whether Word uses what would be called "tags" or not, is functionally
> irrelevant. If Word is using tags, it has completely automated the removal
> of old tags as a step in applying new ones. I have never, in nearly 6 years
> using Word every day to create documents between 1/2 page and 500 pages had
> the formatting get "kluged" up from tags on top of tags on top of tags.
> (Other headaches, oh yes indeed <wry grin> but not that one.)

I agree. Word for Windows, at least, does not have kluge problems with
tabs, at least in my experience. Other problems, at time, but not this one.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu