Re: Restricting Access to TECHWR-L

Subject: Re: Restricting Access to TECHWR-L
From: Len Olszewski <zeuser -at- NANDO -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 00:20:23 GMT

janiceg -at- Eng -dot- Sun -dot- COM (Janice Gelb) wrote:

[...]

>Writing as someone who accesses this list through Usenet, I would
>obviously much prefer that you keep the list open. I get a ton of
>email already at work, and being able to scan the messages to this
>list through news and pick the ones I want to read is really helpful.

I'm actually a member of this list, and have been since it
started (almost, I missed the very first day by a week or so).
I had to go on NOMAIL at work where I took the list, because of
the volume that came through every day, and the childish
insistence of those who sign my paycheck that I spend my
workdays in pursuit of profit. Like a Ferrengi, only better
looking. Kind of.

We don't take the techwr-l bitnet newsgroup at work. We don't
take a *lot* of newsgroups at work. I am not complaining, but
that's how it is.

Now that I have my own connection at home, I can peruse the
newsgroup at my leisure (such as it is). And now I enter a
debate about killing the bitnet gateway.

I'm sorry about the spamming and about your unruly anaonymous
poster. But, I really wish you'd reconsider killing the
gateway. Please.

Thanks.

Len