Re: Re[3]: telecommuting -- social costs ?

Subject: Re: Re[3]: telecommuting -- social costs ?
From: Len Olszewski <zeuser -at- NANDO -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 00:32:09 GMT

jtchew -at- netcom -dot- com (Joe Chew) wrote:

[...]

>There are times when I sneak offsite to finish some writing or
>editing task in peace, but that's a minority of my job these days,
>and it would be hard to do the rest as a routine telecommuter.
[...]

Those of us with responsibility to manage others also have to
be available when the crises occur. I like to use the ability
to "dip into" the electronic conversations at work while I stay
at home occasionally to get more than 20 uninterrupted minutes
in a row to accomplish something on projects where I can't
progress any other way. I wish I could do it more, but that's
the nature of the beast I guess.

Len