Re: email software (Don't like TAO)

Subject: Re: email software (Don't like TAO)
From: David Mitchell <mitchell -at- SKY -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 08:19:50 +0000

Stacey Kahn <SKahn -at- wb -dot- com> complains...
>> that her e-mail system "seems to
>> work, but it only sorts incoming mail by date. No other sort options...are
>> available...Also it won't let you import/export address books...which I'd
like
>> to do...and the address book only sorts alphabetically-- you can't group by
>> backup...Summary: functional, but lacks refinement."

Bill Hartzer <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM> gushes...
> As far as I'm concerned, there's no other e-mail system that can even come
> close to TAO when it comes to functionality and usability. It'll even READ
> your mail BACK TO YOU (while you do other things in your office)]]]]]]
> Regards,
> Technical Writer
> Fischer International Systems Corporation
> Naples, Florida USA

I'm sure Bill wasn't trying to advertise, but his opinion is suspect
because...
(1) He works for the company that makes TAO.
(2) His mail goes through his company's mail system.

Where I work (not an e-mail vendor), we are switching from TAO to
a combination of cc:Mail and NotesMail. Most of our users don't like
the TAO user interface.

I didn't read you original post, but if you are looking for an e-mail
client for reading internet mail, try Pegasus Mail by David Harris.
It's great for mailing lists, like this one because it has very easy
to set up filters for sorting (and deleting) new messages.

-------
David Mitchell (mitchell -at- sky -dot- net) David's Web Spot
www.sky.net/~mitchell/index.html