Number of Projects

Subject: Number of Projects
From: Alexander Von_obert <avobert -at- TWH -dot- MSN -dot- SUB -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 01:48:00 LCL

Hello Gordon,

* Antwort auf eine Nachricht von G J Lundy an All am 20.09.95

GJ> From: G J Lundy <glundy -at- infocom -dot- net>

GJ> I am curious as to what you all may think about the effective
GJ> number of large, orginal writing
GJ> projects a single Tech Writer can or should undertake at one
GJ> time to accomplish.

I believe in a 5 pages/day maximum limit. Everything beyond that is pure
stress and highly at risk to be rubbish only.

GJ> each of which will finish somewhere between 75-140 pp

i.e. one project a month.

GJ> moreover all of them are coming
GJ> due within a week or two of each other.

Forget it. Or get an external writer for each project with you only managing
the stuff.

GJ> I'm beginning to feel stressed beyond belief

:-)

Greetings from Germany,
Alexander