Repetitive stress injuries

Subject: Repetitive stress injuries
From: Cathy Quinones <quinones -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 03:59:19 GMT

Hi guys,

I have been experiencing some wrist pain (it hurts to hyperextend
and hyperflex my left wrist), and putting weight on that hand also hurts
(e.g., doing the typical push-up motion is painful). I know, I need to have
this checked by a doctor. I just thought I'd ask to see if anyone has
experienced similar symptoms. I don't remember any direct trauma to my wrist
and the discomfort started a few months ago, when my typing time went up
quite a bit. It seems to be getting a bit better, though.

Feel free to send scary stories... I mentioned this in one of the writing
newsgroups and got e-mail from someone saying "yeah, my friend kept waiting
and waiting... Luckily her company really likes her and was willing to spring
for the voice recognition system..." Yikes!

In any case, the reason I'm posting is to mention a very useful web page
that has info on repetitive stress injuries as related to typing, plus some
useful diagrams. I checked several sites and they all pretty much
have the same info, this one just had it in a way I particularly liked.

http://www.art.net/Studiios/Visual/Rei/index.html

It also has many other links to other pages with info on tendonitis, carpal
tunnel syndrome, etc...

Cathy Quinones Poicephalus rule!!
quinones -at- mindspring -dot- com %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
http://www.mindspring.com/~mintz/coverpg.html = Bird Care Info