ground straps

Subject: ground straps
From: Jeffrey Pittman <Jpittman49 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 14:19:27 -0400

While looking through this mornings load of catalogs, I noticed the
absolutely huge amount of operator grounding accessories. I have always used
a wrist mounted ground strap when working on the innards of my infernal
machine, but I have never grounded my keyboard or my chair-pad. (One of our
clients has an employee who builds up such a large charge that her keyboard
locks/freezes/hangs up.) If you use these various forms of grounding
devices, let me know. Please include the location of your office as I feel
that different areas of the country have different static charge potentials
and I would like to track your responses to find out if this is true. If
enough people respond to draw any conclusions, I will post these conclusions
to the list.
Good luck and Keep On Sparkin',
J.P.