simplicity

Subject: simplicity
From: Jeffrey Pittman <Jpittman49 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 14:41:12 -0400

In a message dated 95-09-27 12:20:06 EDT, robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM (Robert
Plamondon) writes:

> Bill Gates (who can't give away
>the relatively straightforward Microsoft Works because people want
>the bloated, ill-designed Microsoft Office).
Bill can't give me MS Works because it STINKS. People who don't even
know me complain bitterly about Works if I even bring it up in conversation.
And, speaking of Bill's wonder programs, MS Publisher is even worse. Does
anyone know how why MS PUB gives you a border around three sides of a
brochure, but leaves the other border blank? If you manually create the
missing border, you must make absolutely sure that it is as far to the right
as the end of the row lines (they extend beyond the actual final size of the
printed brochure, so you can't see where they actually terminate), or else it
either disappears (too far to the right), or the row lines extend past the
right border (too far to the left). As flawed and limited as PageMaker is,
it is leagues ahead of MS PUB for brochure creation.
Good luck,
J.P.