Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?

Subject: Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 20:13:12 PDT

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995 18:33:00 -0400 you wrote:

> (You can't lose the on-line dox, nor do you have to find space for them on
>your (all too cluttered) desk and fret that they'll wander off and lose
>their way home.) It's a shame. I prefer writing paper dox.

However, many people do have to find space for online docs on their (all to
cluttered) hard drives. Until just a week or so ago, I was in this spot,
having a grand total of 170MB (one 50MB holding Warp, and a 120MB with
everything else, both brutally slow) drive space on my system and having to be
very selective of what components of any program were installed. In many
cases (shareware especially, which hardly ever comes with printed docs), I'd
install the help, print it out, then delete it.

Then I got myself a nice, brand-spankin'-new, super-fast 540MB drive... :-)

Windows 95 FIXPACK now available! http://www.austin.ibm.com for more info!
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery
is a new metaphor for reality..." - Queensr che