Using the Boss's (or Company's) resources

Subject: Using the Boss's (or Company's) resources
From: DFIERRO <DFIERRO -at- LANIER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 12:30:33 EST

Here's a common sense (if good sense IS common) rule:

Ask Permission.

I use my company's resources to print out my homework, access the
internet, phone home, etc.

But first I talked to my boss (note: a good boss) about doing these
things.

Not only can I use my business e-mail to get information on how to do
a better job (after asking permission to do so), I got a modem so I
could remotely access my school account, which has better net surfing
capabilities.

This was my boss's way of encouraging me to become net-literate.

My business contact information will be listed in a newsletter I've
just started editing (STC ITC PIC's "Global Talk").

But first I talked to my boss to get permission to do so.

Different companies have different points of view.

I'm lucky. My company actively trains management to promote employee
excellence.

All I have to do is ask!

Dan Fierro
dfierro -at- lanier -dot- com (work disclaimer)
dfierro -at- sct -dot- edu (academic disclaimer)
danfierro -at- aol -dot- com (this disclaimer is a paid for, non-commercial
announcement)