Re: Master's Programs in Technical Communication

Subject: Re: Master's Programs in Technical Communication
From: Connie Winch <CEW -at- MACOLA -dot- USA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:40:05 LCL

Rikki Nyman wrote

>I am looking at different advanced degree programs in technical communications.
> Regardless of how much I learn on the job, I think additional credentials
(just
> my opinion - I don't want to start a war!) are going to be increasingly
> important in our field. I want to know:

>If you have an advanced degree, where you got it and how you would evaluate the
> program. What were the strongest and weakest aspects? What kinds of projects
> were most valuable? In what way did it enhance your skill set? If you could
> add anything knowing what you know now, what would it be?

Rikki,

A group of academicians within STC are working on a book that will
give information about technical communication programs around
the country. I do not know when this will come out; I'd suggest e-mailing
the STC headquarters office (stc -at- tmn -dot- com) and asking them.

|Connie E. Winch | Macola, Inc. |
|Technical Writer | cew -at- macola -dot- usa -dot- com |
|The great man is the one that never loses |
|his child-heart. - Mencius |