Re: Problems with Master Documents in MSWord?

Subject: Re: Problems with Master Documents in MSWord?
From: Barclay Blanchard <blanchab -at- SOLOMON -dot- BUCKHEAD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:28:44 -0400

I called Microsoft's support line and they as much as told me not to use
master docs.

For a good reference on ways around them, try _Hacker's Guide to
Word for Windows_, ISBN 0-201-4-763-9.

Basically, the get-around is to use the field codes RD and IncludeText.
(From menu bar, select Insert. Select Field. In the Field Names box,
select RD or InsertText. There's some good info in the help file, too.)

>There have been messages to this groupd over the past few months from
>people that said they had experienced problems with MSWord's master
>document feature. I didn't read the full details of these messages, and I
>didn't save them

>I'm not having problems with my documents now (as far as I know), but my
>manager is worried that because there have been comments from others that
>they have had problems with master documents, that we have such problems
>too, but don't recognize them yet.

>If anyone has info about such problems would you please email the info to
>me directly (molear -at- inrird -dot- com).

>I tried to search the archives but was not able to get my search request to
>work (and the listserv would not let me download the entire archive for
>Sept or Aug).

>Thanks.

>Mick O'Lear (aka Michael P. O'Lear)

>Technical Editor/Writer
>molear -at- inrird -dot- com (Inter-National Research Institute, Inc.)
>619-621-6180
>619-693-8297 (fax)

>Work mailing address:
> INRI
> 9740 Appaloosa Rd.
> San Diego, CA 92131

------>Barclay Elizabeth Blanchard<------
Senior Technical Writer and CBT Developer
OSoft Development Corporation, Atlanta, GA (404) 814-6030
"Anyone who inhabits himself cannot believe in objective thinking.."--Hugh
Prather