Another fine Web site revealed

Subject: Another fine Web site revealed
From: "Matthew B. Hicks" <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 13:25:38 -0600

I just took a look at another language-related Web site that should
provide some enjoyment for members of this list. Since I learned of its
existence through the Editorial Eye, I'll let them describe it:

Internet Column Answers Usage Questions

The _Eye_ received news by e-mail from Evan Morris,
the son of William Morris, who was editor in chief of
the first edition of the _American Heritage Dictionary_.
The syndicated column begun by the father to answer
burning questions about the language, "Words, Wit, and
Wisdom," is being continued by the son. It's available
on the World Wide Web at this address:

http://www.interport.net/~words1/

It seemed to _The Eye_ on quick reconnaissance that the
column is a reassuring Ann Landers-like resource for those
dire need of third-party grammatical intervention. It
might be worth a look if hearing about other people's
usage woes makes you feel better about your won. (It's nice
to know we wrestle with some of the same demons.)

I especially enjoyed the discussion of the origins of "Idaho."

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * I may not agree with what you
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* say, but I'll defend to the
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* death my right to mock you.