Re: CorelDraw list/learning tools?

Subject: Re: CorelDraw list/learning tools?
From: Kim Fawcett <kfawcett -at- DY4 -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 11:30:00 DST

>(Susan Sellew, sss -at- creare -dot- com, wrote...)
>[snip snip]

>I'm new to CorelDraw and am looking for tools to help me
>learn the software. Any suggestions for books, video tapes,
>etc. that are useful would be greatly appreciated.
_____

You might want to check out Corel's web site (URL http://www.corel.ca/).
I know of two newsgroups that discuss Draw. They're:
- alt.corel.graphics
- alt.soft-sys.corel.draw

WRT books, there's always the standard "CorelDraw for Dummies"
(depends on what you need -- I was disappointed with their tiny section
on PhotoPaint). There's also "CorelDraw! 5 Unleashed", by Foster Colburn
and Peter McCormick. (I haven't looked at that one; I just found a reference

to it on the web.)

I just found another web reference, to something called the CorelDraw
Journal.
The URL is: http://www.corelnet.com/corelnet/pubs/journal/journal.html
You can download a sample copy of the journal, but you need Adobe's
Acrobat reader (you can download this from their web page, never fear).

Hope this helps,
- Kim Fawcett
(kfawcett -at- dy4 -dot- com)

***
The above opinions are mine alone, and in no way reflect the policies of
my company.