Re: Preferred Font for Online Documents

Subject: Re: Preferred Font for Online Documents
From: Kim Fawcett <kfawcett -at- DY4 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 14:31:00 DST

>I would appreciate any recommendations for fonts that are easy on the eye
>when viewed online. At this point, I no longer have any preconceived
>notions about sans-serif fonts being preferable to serif!

Hi John,

I used to use Arial for my help systems, but recently I've switched to using
MS Sans Serif (8pt for body text, 12 pt for major headings). I believe this
is what Microsoft and Corel use too. So far I like the results -- the text
seems much more readable than when I used Arial (although I couldn't
explain why).

Good luck!
- Kim Fawcett
(kfawcett -at- dy4 -dot- com)

***
The above opinions are mine alone, and in no way reflect the policies of
my company.