Re: Mouse or Trackball for Lefties?

Subject: Re: Mouse or Trackball for Lefties?
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 10:37:29 -0400

I have never seen a trackball advertised that wasn't symmetrical (I've
never used one, personally) and I would think that typical driver software
for a trackball would allow you to make either the left or right button
the primary "mouse" button, and the other the secondary button.

Also, a lot of mice are symmetrical. I'm not a particularly big fan of
Logitech's products, but I believe they make two or three of their mouses
(mice? meece?) in both right- and left-handed flavors. Also, I find the
"new" Microsoft Mouse absolutely HORRID for right-handed people like me,
but it fit my left hand quite nicely. It's supposed to be usable by
both righties and lefties -- it's not, IMHO, but none of the other tw's
where I used to work seemed to have a problem with it, and most of them
were right-handed.

Just about my all-time favorite mouse is the one that used to ship with
earlier ATI graphics cards -- a generic three-button one with a relatively
flat top but rounded edges, and going from slightly wider at the bottom
(opposite cord) to the slightly narrower at the top (near cord). Second
place goes to the original MS mouse -- the "dove bar" version -- which I
suspect wasn't very comfortable for southpaws.

PatO'
titanide -at- micro -dot- org (pronounced, this time, "MICE-ro dot org" ;-)