Re: Graphics Repro Problems

Subject: Re: Graphics Repro Problems
From: Patrick O'Connell <titanide -at- MICRO -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:29:49 -0400

The only solution I can think of to this problem is maybe something
involving Paint Shop Pro 2.x or 3.x, wherein you can define your own
image-transform filters using a matrix of the properties of an image PSP
can modify.

Now, any custom ("user-defined" is how PSP refers to them) filter can be
applied to either all of the image or part of it; to automate this
processing of the 100+ images to any degree you'd have to apply your
filter to all of each image and this doesn't quite sound like what you
want to do. As far as I can remember, even in PSP 3, which includes
painting-type tools, the filter definitions don't extend beyond its
image-transform filters. You'd really need a macro language for that, I
think.

PSP has the ability to batch-convert from one image format to another, but
not to apply more sophisticated tweaking before, during or after
conversion. Tieing the batch-conversion process to its user-defined
filters woudl be a good evolutionary step for this particular package.

There are any number of other image-transform/conversion tools that can
batch-convert images files between formats (Graphics Workshop comes to
mind), including one I can remember that worked from the DOS command
prompt, using command-line parameters. Seems like nobody in shareware, at
least, has taken the next step of batch-ifying more sophisticated tweaking
of multiple image files...I wonder if it'll ever happen?

PatO'

> Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 10:15:00 -0500
> From: Steve Evanina <Steve -dot- Evanina -at- SCIATL -dot- COM>
> Subject: Graphics Repro Problems

> I am having repro problems with screen captures. Perhaps someone can
> help me. The graphics print fine out of our HP 4SI. They have a dark
> background. When they are copied the image "muddies" to the point that
> some areas are unreadable.
...<snippage>