Re: Contractor Question

Subject: Re: Contractor Question
From: Pete Praetorius <ppraeto -at- HUBCAP -dot- CLEMSON -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 21:46:24 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to my question regarding employees sharing
negative views toward management with contract writers. Most of those who
responded to my question advised me to keep my distance, and not get
involved in company disputes nor let employees waste my time. I think
this is sound advice, but I must admit, the relationship that developed
between the engineers that I worked with and I turned out to be very good.
I think in part this relationship developed because I took the time to
listen to the gripes that the engineers wanted to tell me. I believe
that this good relationship made it easier for me to get the information
that I needed, and helped me in the end to produce documents that met the
management's expectations.