Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide

Subject: Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide
From: Peter Kent <71601 -dot- 1266 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 10:47:08 EST

A few years ago I wrote a book called The Technical Writer's Freelancing
Guide. Sterling Publishing recently allowed it to go out of print, but I've
decided to update and republish it, myself or with another publisher.

I've been told that this book has been mentioned in the techwr-l list, so at
least a few members of this list have read it. Does anyone have any
suggestions for what they'd like to see added to this book? I'd like to make
sure that I'm covering issues that are of importance to my intended
readership.

Also, would anyone like to offer their own (attributed) tips to fellow
freelancers? I'm toying with the idea of adding a chapter that would contain
small (2- or 3-paragraph) pieces of advice from other freelance technical
writers.

Does anyone know what happened to PD News, the contractors publication? They
seem to have moved--out of business, maybe? And can anyone recommend any
freelancers publications that they find useful?

Thanks very much for all your help,

Peter Kent

E-mail from: Peter Kent, 31-Oct-1995