Re: MS Word & BMP's

Subject: Re: MS Word & BMP's
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 14:18:55 PDT

My experience is that Microsoft Word is not up to documents that
are either long or contain non-trivial pictures. To get reliable
results, you must ditch Word.

In the short term, I suspect that 16 MB of RAM is not enough. Steal
someone else's RAM and try 24 or 32 MB.

-- Robert

P.S. Back up your work constantly if you're using Word, and never
overwrite an old backup -- creeping corruption may cause you most
recent 25 version to all have some previously undetected, yet
unrecoverable, error.

--
Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (503) 453-5841