What's "World Class?"

Subject: What's "World Class?"
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 07:29:00 EST

A client called us the other day with an unusual question. His company is
undergoing the rigors of global expansion, and each department therein is
being asked for its own definition of what it means to be "World Class." Our
contact, the only tech writer in the company, wanted our opinion of what it
meant to produce world class documentation. Anybody out there care to take a
cut at this? We'll pass the comments along to the client, and if there's
enough interest, we'll assemble the comments into a list, too.

If the industry matters, they're in the physical security business
(manufacturing locks and entry devices, mostly).

Tim Altom
Vice President
Simply Written, Inc.
Technical Documentation and Training