Re: Multiple options for action?

Subject: Re: Multiple options for action?
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 08:16:00 PDT

Brian wrote:

[snip a question about putting in an extra "or" since everyone has already
answered it the ways I would've anyway]

> [Please don't suggest that I recast the sentence or use a different
> style to describe actions -- this is the company style and I can't
> change it. My only question is about the "or."]

But you can affect it, question it, talk about it. It's good for a company
to have its' style questioned. Perhaps you won't be able to change it, but
let your editors, managers, and fellow writers know your comments and
questions. We all need to "think" and "rethink" our company styles, lest we
fall into the pit of mediocrity through unwillingness to change.

Rose A. Wilcox (the 'A' stands for self-"Actualized")
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
"Communication the most important is, not the form."