Re: Gaphics Tools

Subject: Re: Gaphics Tools
From: Stuart Reynolds <stuartr -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 22:53:39 -0500

-- [ From: Stuart Reynolds * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Hi all..

> You might look at Paint Shop Pro 3.11. It's an incredible little program
and a
> real bargain. You can download the shareware version (fully functional),
and if
> you like it, pay just $69. Just last night I was playing around with
making
> borders for bitmaps that looked like brush strokes and it did a great job.
I've
> seen other programs that did this for much, much more. You can do screen
> captures, masks, color reduction/increases, limited drawing, format
> conversions, and more.

I sent a reply to john.. PSP is a good little app. But, if you are requiring
a bit more power (again not that thereis anything wrong with Jane's
recommendation, just depends on what you need) you can get a NFR version
(Not For Resale) of Aldus Photostyler. Here in Canada it is $99. It is a
full version, no crippling, the only thing is, you can't use i to buy
upgrades. big deal as you can just but tht new version at another $99.
Still less than an upgrade version. :o)

Stui