Re: Help File Colors and Icons

Subject: Re: Help File Colors and Icons
From: karen randolph <karen_randolph -at- HILLSPET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 08:52:15 CST

Thanks Mike and Sue!

I needed the RGB settings of that *lovely* green to create a shed
graphic that appears as the Contents of a Help file. We were going to
go with hot graphics and nice dark blue text, but decided that we may
as well get our novice users used to the green, underlined text. So,
now I can finish THAT graphic ...

Now the other matter ... perhaps my icon question was too vague. I am
no artist and need "icons" (maybe I should just call them "pictures"?)
to place in graphics, such as the one described above.

For example, if I had a topic "Cars, and Trucks, and Things That Go"
and I happened to see a picture in a Word Help file of a car, truck,
and plane, can I print screen and alter the image in Paintbrush? If
so, how much manipulation should I do? What about images from clipart
galleries? What are the legal issues here? Does anyone know? (No one
here does. The program's GUI guy says "they never have to deal with
that"...although some of their tool bar icons appear very similar to
those used in other programs. Hmmm... )

Sue, thanks for your suggestion on using typefaces (Wingdings), that
will help for some basic images.

KARRAN
Karen Randolph
CORNERSTONE Documentation Coordinator