Re: Numbering

Subject: Re: Numbering
From: Marci Andrews <Marci_Andrews -at- NOVELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 09:17:54 -0600

John Posada wrote:

<Would I have been able to put a 2.1 if I hadn't used a 2.2?
<If not, how do I do a 2.1.1 and a 2.1.2 if I hadn't used a 2.2

It isn't logical to divide 2.0 into only one major division, 2.1. So the
answer is no, if there's no 2.2, you cannot have a 2.1. Instead, the
section that you wanted to number as 2.1 would have to be
reorganized using one of the following options (there may be more, but
I can't think of any at the moment):

1. Combine it with 2.0, making the two subsections 2.0.1 and 2.0.2

2. Make it 3.0, making the two subsections 3.1 and 3.2

3. Rethink the logical divisions of 2.0 and figure out a way to make a
logical 2.2 exist, and then you can have 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 as you
originally wanted.

Marci Andrews
Documentation Development
Novell, Inc.