MIB in a User Guide

Subject: MIB in a User Guide
From: "tina (c.l.) klein" <cklein -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 13:11:00 -0500

Has anyone out there documented a MIB (management information base)
within a User Guide? I've got nothing in my corporate-standard
tempate to facilitate this. I'm wondering if there already exists
a standard way to do this.

In brief a MIB is a database and I've got to keep heading names
attached to all the fields. The records are popping up all over
the book and it's currently formatted to match the text in the
MIB standard itself. This looks crummy in a user guide.

I'm not duplicating the entire MIB in the book, but a liberal
sprinkling of examples is highly desirable to our users.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions,
Tina

PS Apologies in advance to the people out there who don't work
with MIBs.