Re: Context ID calling a Topic as a Popup

Subject: Re: Context ID calling a Topic as a Popup
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 14:22:00 PST

Michael Melby writes:
> The current project on which I am working calls for context sensitive
>help for all fields in all dialogs. Of course, the manner in which 95
>deals with this situation is to display a popup. Does anyone out in "Help
>Land" know how to do this in 3.1 Help? I contacted Blue Sky and was told
>that it can be done, but it involves the programmer calling the Topic as
>a Popup - only they didn't inform me as to how the programmer does this
>call. Anybody out there know how - or have an elegant solution?

How context-sensitive help is tied in depends on the platform the developers
are coding in. For instance, in Powerbuilder the calls for main window
topics and popup topics are indicated with T and C respectively.

You will need to get with your programmers to determine the call. If they
don't know, look on the Internet for Usenet groups and mailing lists dealing
with that specific platform, post a message asking clearly for what you need
to know, then pass the answers on to your developers.

Good luck!
Rose A. Wilcox
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
"You know," said Arthur, "it's times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon
airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep
space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was
young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
- The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy