Re: Re[2]: The Microsoft Style Guide

Subject: Re: Re[2]: The Microsoft Style Guide
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 13:02:00 PST

> Umm...It was a joke.
> I edit books about "alternative systems" for a living.
> Do all tech writers take things so literally?

No. But if you don't add smileys or other cues to your message on the
Internet, no one can assume your intent. On the Internet the absence of
smileys leads others to assume you are serious, regardless of their
individual professions. And we have seen weirder posts than yours that were
intended as serious, too!

Rose A. Wilcox (the "A" stands for "Absence of Smileys" -- I am *not
kidding! 8-D)
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
"And how about that Good Times virus?"